We value the information you provide to us and want you to be confident that we are committed to protecting your privacy. Our commitment to protecting your privacy is outlined in the policies below.
The two types of information we collect are personally identifiable information and website use information.
Website use information is anonymous information that cannot be used to identify you. We use this information to track navigation through the Sites, which pages are viewed most often, what other websites are visited, and similar data. We also use the information to develop and deliver marketing strategy, to notify you of ads and promotions, and to offer products and services to you.
Personally identifiable information is sensitive information that can be used to identify you. Personally identifiable information includes, among other information, your full name, e-mail address, physical mailing address, and telephone number. Some of the features on the Sites may require that you provide us information about yourself, such as when you elect to purchase a product from us, register as a member for an account, or choose to fill out a form on one of the Sites. You can review and update any personally identifiable information you have voluntarily elected to provide to us prior to submitting the information.
We will never request your password, user name, or other personally identifiable information through e-mail. This practice, called “phishing,” is oftentimes a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail message that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information, please do not respond.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information You Choose to Provide
If you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information, we will use that information to enhance your experience in the following ways:
• Complete your request to sign up to receive information via e-mail on any of the Sites.
• Complete your request to register as a member of any of the Sites you select.
• Complete your request to register to use any of our online tools you select.
• Customize your shopping experience.
Providing us with your personally identifiable information allows us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, sister and parent corporations, and independently owned and operated UYART HOME retail furniture stores to:
• Notify you of advertisements and promotions related to UYART HOME retail furniture store using the Internet, e-mail and mail sent via the TR Post Office.
• Communicate great values and featured items to you.
• Comply with valid legal procedures, requirements, regulations, and statutes.
• Share your personally identifiable information with third party vendors but only to the extent required to help us perform any of the aforementioned functions.
The Sites are general audience sites. We do not permit anyone who tells us they are under the age of 13 to register with us. We also do not collect information from anyone that tells us they are under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any contact information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children’s online activities and use parental controls or other web filtering technology to supervise children’s access to the Internet.
Automatically Collected Information
We save information based on your interaction with the Sites. This allows us to process your inquiries more efficiently, notify you of advertisements, promotions and to offer products and services to you and ultimately, provide you with enhanced customer service. This information includes, but is not limited to, your Internet Protocol address (the address automatically assigned to your computer every time you establish a connection to the Internet), the name of any referring websites, as well as your navigation and activity on the Sites. By tracking this type of information, we may be able to modify our content and product displays to enhance your experience while visiting the Sites.
This information is only used to help us make the Sites more useful to you and to notify you of ads, promotions and to offer products and services to you. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only.
When you visit the Sites or open e-mails from us, we (or an authorized third party) may send you a cookie.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files located in your browser directory that may be placed on your device. When a website is accessed, a cookie that is placed on a device will send information to the party that has placed the cookie. Cookies are extremely common and used on a number of websites. Each cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value (usually a unique number).
The Sites may place session and persistent cookies on your device. The difference between a session and a persistent cookie relates to the length of time the cookie lasts. Session cookies are cookies that only exist temporarily. When you end your browser session, the cookie expires. (A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when the user closes the browser window.) Persistent cookies will last after you close your browser. This allows for quicker and often more convenient access to the Sites.
What cookies do we use?
• We use “essential cookies” to enable you to navigate the Sites and to use their services and features.
• We use “preference cookies” to collect information about your choices and preferences and to allow us to customize the Sites accordingly.
• We use “social media cookies” (such as Facebook’s third party cookies) to enable you to share pages and content you find interesting on the Sites through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
• We use “analytics cookies” (such as Google’s and Facebook’s first party cookies) to collect information about your use of the Sites and to enable us to improve the way the Sites work. Analytics cookies allow us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Sites, rather than the usage of a single person.
• We use “advertising cookies” (such as DoubleClick’s third party cookies) to display targeted promotions or advertisements based upon your interests on the Sites or to manage our advertising.
How can you manage cookies?
Like many websites, the Sites do not currently respond to “do not track” settings or other mechanisms that consumers may utilize on their web browsing device to limit the collection of certain information about a consumer’s activities over time and across various websites or online services.
For information about how you can opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
If you have a Facebook account, visit https://facebook.com/ads/preferences/edit/ to control how Facebook uses data to show you ads.
There are other technologies that perform a similar function to cookies. These include web beacons (a small .gif image) and clear gifs. We use web beacons and clear gifs in conjunction with cookies to help us understand our customers better. When we send you e-mails we use these technologies as follows so that we can track e-mail open and click rates. We also use web beacons to determine a user’s ability to receive HTML e-mail. Web beacons do not collect any personal data. Users that do not want to receive e-mail messages with web beacons can choose to receive their e-mails in text (non-HTML) format.
We may share aggregated general information collected by the Sites with our subsidiaries, affiliates, sister and parent corporations, independently owned and operated UYART HOME retail furniture stores, and our third party service providers. Aggregated data does not contain any personally identifiable information that could be used to contact or identify you. We only share personally identifiable information in one or more of the following limited circumstances:
• We have your consent.
• We may provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, sister or parent corporations, or independently owned and operated UYART HOME retail furniture stores that may use this information to notify you of advertisements and promotions or to offer products and services to you using the Internet, e-mail and mail sent via the TR Post Office.
• In the event that another company acquires all or substantially all of the assets related to our business, we reserve the right to include any or all stored personally identifiable information among the assets transferred to the acquiring company.
• We may store and process personally identifiable information collected through the Sites in the Turkey or any other country in which we maintain facilities. By using the Sites, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country.
We currently DO NOT share your personally identifiable information with any other companies or organizations that would present you with offers or promotions that are not directly related to us or our subsidiary, affiliate, sister, or parent companies, or one of the independently owned and operated UYART HOME retail furniture stores.
If you are a resident of TURKEY and you would like to request under Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes that we not sell your personally identifiable information, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org Please be aware that we do not currently sell personally identifiable information of our visitors.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of the data you provide to us. Our servers are protected by firewalls and are physically located in secure data facilities to further increase security. While no computer or facility is 100% safe from outside attacks, we believe that the steps we have taken to protect your personally identifiable information dramatically reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate for the type of data involved.
You may receive e-mail messages from us. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, let us know by following the opt-out directions on any of the e-mail messages you have received from us. Please note that if you wish to opt-out of receiving e-mails from independently owned and operated UYART HOME retail furniture stores you will need to contact them directly to communicate your contact preferences.
Date of Last Update: JUNE 1, 202
Date Updated Policy Became Effective: JUNE 1, 2020
Concerns About Privacy